In this algebra-based Physics course, learners explore through laboratories and video content, the topics of kinematics, dynamics Newton’s laws, uniform circular motion, work and energy, impulse and momentum, rotational dynamics, electrostatics, circuits, electric potential, magnetic fields and electromagnetism.
- Create motion maps and explore applications of kinematics in both one dimension and two dimensions.
- Understand Newton’s laws and explore their applications.
- Explore properties of circular motion.
- Describe and explain the concept of work and it’s relation to energy.
- Calculate the results of inelastic and elastic collisions and relate those to the impulse momentum theorem.
- Discover rotational motion theories and calculate angular velocities.
- Extend the concept of work and energy to rotational dynamics.
- Explore the properties of static electricity, discover and explain results of these properties in applications.
- Calculate properties of components in circuits and verify your calculations experimentally.
- Relate efficiency to electric potential difference, power, current and resistance.
- Analyze electromagnetism and magnetic field’s effect on moving charges.
- Analyze the process of electromagnetic induction.