Students should have a working knowledge of HTML and CSS prior to taking this course.
Upon completion of this course, you will be able to:
- Use and understand expressions and operators.
- Understand and use objects and arrays.
- Define functions and methods.
- Understand the Document Object Model (DOM).
- Understand how to Get Input and Output.
- Handle Web Page Events
- Script Tables
- Script Forms
- HTML Text Editor (choose one):
- TextEdit – For use on Mac – comes with OS
- Notepad – For use on Windows – comes with OS
- Text – For use on Chromebook – free app download from the Google Store
- Image Editing Software (choose one):
- Pixlr – https://pixlr.com/editor/
- GIMP – http://www.gimp.org/downloads/
- Webhosting and basic in-browser FTP:
- Neocities – https://www.neocities.org
Students will need a computer or laptop for this course; tablets are not sufficient.
Some YouTube videos are embedded within course.
Basic Web Design
- Internet Access
- Word Processor
- Email Access